The Greek term for Eczema translates into English as “boil over”, which is what many sufferers of the skin problem can feel like doing as the issue persists year on year.
Eczema making it red and causing an irritating sight for the onlookers. With the outbreak of CBD research over the past decade, researchers anticipate that the anti-inflammatory properties of CBD can help treat Eczema. There are also strong reasons to try CBD oil for eczema, but we’ll get to that shortly.
The Curse of Eczema
Even the skin care creams used to treat Eczema can cause a burning sensation for the sufferer. Conventionally, various treatments for eczema are in on the market given that it often requires more than one remedy to treat. One solution that could be on the horizon for eczema sufferers is the promise of CBD oil in treating it. Given CBD’s potential for effectively treating eczema, it’s a burning topic these days and we’ll see why we need to know more about its potential use and the many reasons for trying it.
Must-Know Fact about Eczema
Let’s quickly go through some important facts about this irritating skin condition…
It is the combination of multiple skin conditions which contribute to an increasing irritation and inflammation
- Atopic Dermatitis – Hayfever and asthma patients are vulnerable to this type and it is most common of all eczema forms. Itching and dryness are the major characteristics of this condition but the exact cause still remains a question.
- Stasis Dermatitis – Poor blood circulation is the major cause behind this condition and it mostly targets the legs. The major symptom is that, while you are awake, the ankles swell and the swelling disappears while sleeping.
- Dyshidrotic Eczema – Stress and seasonal allergies may trigger this condition. Occurrence of blisters, under the feet or on the palms is a common symptom. In addition to itchy irritation, these blisters can hold fluid as well. Keep your hands and feet as dry as possible to avoid this condition.
- Nummular Eczema – It produces circular spots on the skin which resemble a coin. Generally, they are pink, red or brown. The condition raises the chances of inflammation. If not treated properly, it can cause infection.
- Contact Dermatitis – Poison oak, nickel, poison ivy, dyes, latex, lotions, perfumes, and certain medicines can trigger this condition, upon contact. Allergic reaction is the major cause, or in some cases, if the protective layer skin is damaged, this disease can find its way in.
- Seborrheic Dermatitis – Stress, cold, genetics, and dry weather are the usual suspects which help the occurrence of this condition. Scalp or body can suffer from this condition, it produces itchy irritation, and the rashes appear similar to scales.
Note: Eczema isn’t contagious, though it may appear similar to other contagious conditions. Allergic reactions and genetics are the major causes behind this disease. For all the above mentioned conditions, there are some common symptoms which include…
- Dryness and irritation
- Redness of skin
- Rough patches
- Blisters (filled with fluid) which burst and scab
Conventionally, Omega 3 fatty acids are considered the best solution to keep your skin safe from eczema. Omega 3 fatty acids reduce the chances of inflammation. Olive oil, fish and flaxseed are some of the major sources of omega 3 fatty acids.
A Bit about the Plant
Hemp plants served humanity for ages and people grew them to produce various medicines. Hemp oil cannabis can serve Eczema patients and the good news is that this product is conditionally legal in the Unites States and various other countries across the globe.
With the passage of centuries, farmers have learned to grow different varieties of the plant. The compounds of the cannabis plants vary from one variety to another. Hemp plant is that variety which contains the least concentration of THC, i.e. 0.03% so it doesn’t feature dysphoric or euphoric properties. All other plants with greater THC concentration – than 0.03% – are classified as marijuana.
Keeping in mind the causes and supporting conditions for Eczema, CBD oil can help the patients for three major reasons.
1. CBD Oil is Anti-Inflammatory
This is the major reason why top quality CBD oil can treat eczema better than the conventional remedies. CBD can easily interact with endocannabinoid system – a system made of receptors which control inflammation, mood, sleep, and immune system. Immune system plays a vital role. Eczema is the condition which flourishes in the case of a disturbed immune system. CBD works with CB1 receptors and these are the receptors which serve the skin cells and nerve fibers. This property leads to the anti-inflammatory properties.
A research study concludes that CBD helps human sebocytes, helps acne patients by restoring the natural balance of oil production in the body. This is what makes CBD a potentially powerful remedy to minimize inflammation and protect the skin from Eczema.
2. CBD Oil Manages Skin Dryness
CBD also works with the CB2 receptors which help to restore the natural balance which controls the production of oil. Excessive oil production gives rise to inflammation. Eczema may result in cracking and even bleeding. These are the conditions which CBD oil can easily control and keep your skin healthy.
3. CBD Oil Helps Endocannabinoid System
Another study reveals that a disturbed endocannabinoid system leads to various skin problems, triggers painful itching, allergic dermatitis, psoriasis, cancer and systemic sclerosis. CBD reduces eczema’s prevalence as it works well to address the disturb endocannabinoid system. It means that CBD can cure these conditions including eczema.
Damaged skin is vulnerable to eczema. CBD oil helps your body to recover the damaged skin, hence eliminating the chances of occurrence.
Before You Leave!
- It is better to change the soap and lotion you use for your skin if you are finding it hard to fight against eczema. It may be a case of skin damage. It may be the case of a particular chemical creating problems for your skin.
- Avoid hot showers because they lead to skin dryness. If you are suffering from eczema, dry skin can make things worse.
- Manage Stress because it can lead to the occurrence of eczema to a certain level. Rest and sound sleep is important. This is what makes CBD oil, the top choice in this regard. CBD oil helps sleep disorder and lets you take proper rest while avoiding stress.
Don’t forget to ensure that the quality of the CBD oil is up to the mark. Check for the brad’s recognition, and never keep your doctors unaware of CBD oil intake because you need to manage the dosage and frequency rather than using CBD oil without an expert’s advice. Remember these things before you buy CBD oil.
Source: Medical Marijuana Blog
View Original Post