Neuropathy, or peripheral neuropathy, is a condition where peripheral nerves within the brain and/or spinal cord are damaged and result in pain or numbness in hands, feet, and other areas of the body.
Peripheral nerve damage is often caused by infections, diabetic conditions, metabolic issues, toxins, and major injuries. The pain from neuropathy often presents burning, tingling, or stabbing sensations. As mentioned above, this painful condition affects different parts of the body causing weakness or numbness. The nerve pain caused by neuropathy may vary in intensity and may be chronic or temporary.
Traditional pain treatments, such as opioids, help manage the pain but present other harmful effects to the body, which is why many patients are now opting for medical marijuana, a natural treatment alternative. In addition to treating chronic pain, anxiety, and a number of other qualifying conditions, medical marijuana is used to help treat an mange marijuana and neuropathy related symptoms.
The CBD and THC in medical marijuana helps target specific nerves that are responsible for the pain by activating cannabinoid receptors and regulating neurotransmitters, which helps reduce pain and improve sleep quality.
Qualifying Conditions of Neuropathy
- Acute Motor Neuropathy
- Alcoholic Neuropathy
- Arm Neuropathy
- Autonomic Neuropathy
- Peripheral Neuropathy
- Axillary Neuropathy
- Bladder Neuropathy
- Brachial Plexus Neuropathy
- Cervical Plexus Neuropathy
- Chronic nNeuropathy
- Diabetic Neuropathy
- Facial Nerve Neuropathy
- Hereditary Neuropathy
- Hypertrophic Neuropathy
- Idiopathic Neuropathy
- Hereditary Ataxia Neuropathy
- Intercostal Neuropathy
- Ischemic Neuropathy
- Lower Extremity Neuropathy
- Lumbar Plexus Neuropathy
- Median Nerve Neuropathy
- Motor and Sensory Neuropathy
- Multifocal Motor Neuropathy
- Multiple Neuropathy
- Neuropathic Entrapment
- Optic Nerve Neuropathy
- Paraneoplastic Neuropathy
- Peripheral Nerve Neuropathy
- Plantar Nerve Neuropathy
- Progressive Neuropathy
- Radicular Neuropathy
- Sacral Plexus Neuropathy
- Sciatic Neuropathy
- Serum Neuropathy
- Toxic Neuropathy
- Trigeminal Sensory Neuropathy
- Ulnar Nerve Neuropathy
- Uremic Neuropathy
- Vitamin B12 Related Neuropathy
Recommended Strains for Neuropathy
Below is a list of the best cannabis strain for neuropathy patients:
- Blue Dream: It is Sativa dominant (60%) with a cross of Blueberry Indica and Haze. It contains a maximum of 27% THC and 2% CBD. It is known to provide complete body relaxation to the consumers. It is a good strain to be consumed in the morning. Though the THC content is higher, the taste is relatively mild. It is one of the popular strains for pain management.
- Afghan Kush: Afghan kush contains 17% THC and up to 6% CBD. It is pure Indica and considered a good option for consumption in the evening and night time. It is known to induce relaxation and may also help in enhancing appetite.
- Cannatonic: Cannatonic is a cross of G13 Haze and MK Ultra. The THC content is between 4-7% and recommended especially in case of insomnia. Also, the higher CBD level (around 12%) reduces the chances of adverse effects such as dizziness. This strain is also suitable for first-time users since it gives a mellow high feel and relaxation for a great sleep.
- White Widow: It’s a classic strain and provides balanced benefits of pain relief, relaxation, and sleep-inducing properties. It is known to boost energy levels while reducing pain intensity. Hence, it is recommended as one of the best cannabis for neuropathy.
Be a Responsible Consumer of Medical Marijuana
Since research related to cannabis in neuropathy treatment is relatively new, you should be very cautious while consuming medical marijuana. There may be associated side-effects such as dizziness, hallucinations, and low blood pressure. You should follow the directives given by the doctor and consume cannabis carefully and responsibly.
How to Get a Medical Marijuana Card for Neuropathy
Given that marijuana is a controlled substance prohibited by the federal government, the possession of medical marijuana identification (ID) cards for the affliction is vital to avoid any potential civil and criminal penalties at the state level. The procedure for getting the card for marijuana usage is simple:
- Patients with neuropathy symptoms will need a signed copy of the physician’s recommendation and proof of residency of the state can register online for an appointment to start the approval process
- This involves a review of the medical history, followed by discussions, and an examination by a doctor to confirm his/her condition meets the criteria for treatment
- Once a card has been obtained, the registered user can buy effective strains of accurately labeled marijuana products through state-approved dispensaries, and health clinics without any fear of facing legal issues, potential fines or jail time
Are you looking to get a medical marijuana card for yourself or for someone you care for? Contact us today at 888-316-9085 or email@example.com.