GroTec Builders, one of Oregon’s leading cannabis construction companies, announced today the launch of the “Gro-Up” campaign and kick-off speaker series event to be held Friday, February 23, at the Left Bank Project building in Portland’s Lloyd neighborhood.
These speakers will be the first in a series of events that will bring together some of the most critical voices in the cannabis industry. They will discuss current inconsistencies and expectations within the emerging market, and explore pathways moving forward, that will elevate economic, social and safety standards. All of this will be addressed, while positioning Oregon as a leader in the future of cannabis production and distribution.
The issues addressed will be:
- Facility standards: code regulations and process
- Energy efficiency: utilities standards and data collection
- Investment perspective and future potential
“There are currently few industry standards or regulations for cannabis production in Oregon, outside of those surrounding commerce and distribution,” says GroTec Builders CEO, Anya Gordon. “With the lack of federal support, state and local governments are struggling to stay ahead of the influx of new and unknown issues coming on line as the industry ramps up. GroTec is working with a variety of partners to take the lead in creating guidelines that the state can mandate.”
The private event includes catered food and drinks and is scheduled to run from 5:00 to 7:00PM featuring a speaking panel with Q&A, followed by industry leader breakout meetings.
Confirmed Speakers include:
- Anya Gordon | CEO, GroTec Builders
- David M. Howitt | Founder & CEO, Meriwether Group
- Libby Holah | Owner, HOLAH Design + Architecture
- John C. Morris | Vice President of Marketing Development, D+R International / Co-Founder Resource Innovation Institute
“These are such important issues,” says Gordon, “and this event marks the first stage in taking responsibility for our own industry.”
- Event: Gro-Up Speaker Series
- Date: Friday, February 23, 2018
- Time: 5:00 – 7:00 PM
- Location: Left Bank Project / Watson Creative Studio, 240 N Broadway, Suite 116 Portland, OR 97227
Source: The Weed Blog
View Original Post