With the legalization of medical marijuana growing throughout the United States, an increasing number of people are transitioning from harmful opioids to cannabis for anxiety management.
But is weed really an anxiety remedy?
Does it help in coping with negative emotions?
How can you legally get the best medical marijuana for anxiety and depression?
An Overview of Anxiety Disorders
What Is it: Experiencing some level of anxiety now and then is a normal and healthy emotion. But when excessive fear, nervousness or constant worry in non-threatening situations disrupts daily life and messes relationships, it becomes a disability that requires medical attention. Dealing with an anxiety disorder can be tough. The affliction makes simple activities appear impossible and challenging.
What are the Types: There are various types of clinically recognized anxiety disorders. These include Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD), Panic Disorder (PD), Social Anxiety Disorder (SAD), Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), phobias, and irrational fears among many more.
What is the Cause?: The possible causes of anxiety could be anything from genetics, environmental factors, medical issues, traumatic events, hormonal imbalance or the use of an illicit substance.
Anxiety disorder is one of the most common mental illnesses in the United States. Statistics reveal that nearly 18% of adults and approximately 8% of children and teenagers in the country are affected by the condition.
Qualifying Conditions of Anxiety
- Individuals afflicted with anxiety typically exhibit pronounced symptoms like
- Muscle tension
- Feelings of apprehension
- The anticipation of danger
- Pounding heart
- Shortness of breath
- Difficulties with concentration, etc.
Can you get medical marijuana for anxiety? On perceiving the aforesaid symptoms and realizing they are becoming problematic with daily functioning it’s vital to seek help and get in touch with a mental health professional for an accurate diagnosis.
He will carry out a thorough assessment of medical and personal history, diagnostic tests to rule out any possible medical condition and also factor the intensity and duration of symptoms that are causing extreme distress. Based on the analysis, the physician will determine whether or not you have a qualifying condition of anxiety that needs medical marijuana strains for anxiety and devise a course of treatment depending on its severity.
Benefits of Medical Marijuana for Qualified Condition of Anxiety Disorders:
It’s a tad difficult to gauge the drug’s efficacy since there is limited scientific research in the area of medical marijuana benefits for anxiety. However, there are anecdotal reports of marijuana helping bring down stress levels by creating a calming experience for many sufferers. Experts believe that cannabis interacts with receptors in the brain which has a positive impact on mental health.
Research on the effectiveness of medical marijuana concerning anxiety is mostly based on animal models, but there are few experimental studies in the clinical setting as well.
- Overcome Distress: The findings suggest that cannabis administered in the correct dosage is safe, well-tolerated and offers substantial benefits to people struggling with distressing emotions like anxiety and excessive fear.
- Alleviate Symptoms: The compound known as cannabidiol (CBD) found in marijuana has the potential to treat and alleviate symptoms arising from multiple neuropsychiatric disorders.
- Anti-Anxiety Properties: It has been noted that CBD has several anti-anxiety properties that offset the adverse effects of tetrahydrocannabinol (THC), the chemical to blame for the “high” in marijuana). Below are some ways in which medical marijuana products helps to bust anxiety.
- Usage of CBD products can diminish anxiety-related symptoms like panic, twitching muscles, pounding heart rate, panic, trembling, body tension, etc.
- It improves mental health by lessening stress, headaches, depression, and mood swings.
- Regulate Hormones:It can reportedly regulate hormonal imbalance during nerve-racking situations.
- Relaxing Effect:Cannabis products in small doses relax the brain and reduce inhibitions during social events.
If you are considering making a foray into the world of cannabis to mitigate the symptoms of anxiety, use quality products from reputable retailers under expert medical supervision.
Getting a Medical Marijuana Card is the Key
Eligibility for medical marijuana to treat anxiety is not enough to procure cannabis products. Marijuana is illegal on the federal level though many states including Pennsylvania have decriminalized its use for medicinal purposes. However, to evade arrest or prosecution charges for possession it’s important to buy weed legally by getting a state-issued medical marijuana card identity (ID). The procedure is a cinch and involves these simple steps.
- Register online with a state-run medical marijuana program
- Obtain a recommendation from a certified physician that medical marijuana can be used to treat a qualifying anxiety condition
- Visit the diagnosing doctor with all the essential documents for discussions and examination to get the stamp of approval for anxiety-related cannabis treatment
- If everything is satisfactory an ID card is sanctioned for purchasing medical marijuana at licensed dispensaries
Looking to get a medical marijuana card for anxiety, for self or for someone you care for? Connect with us at 888-316-9085 for best medical marijuana for anxiety.